* Directly provides high quality, individualized, complete and timely medical care to patients. Performs accurate and thorough patient assessment and diagnosis through appropriate medical interventions. Orders diagnostic tests and procedures as appropriate including laboratory, radiology and other studies. Provides direct medical care and treatment as indicated based on patient history, physical examination, and presenting problem(s). Fosters patient and family centered care and works in respectful, supportive and collaborative ways with patients and their families.
1. Provides high quality patient care for both inpatients and Outpatients.
2. Refers patients for specialty care and hospitalization as clinically indicated. Maintains effective communication and positive relationships with referral physicians and other members of the medical staff of the Memorial Healthcare System.
3. Documents patient care in accordance with state statutes, JCAHO standards and prudent risk management practices.
4. Maintains high quality medical skills through ongoing continuing education activities including attendance at meetings, seminars and conferences, reading of medical literature and consultation with medical providers.
5. Responsible for Business Development for practice.
6. Develops and maintains effective communication and positive relationships with patients, coworkers and professional colleagues. Projects a positive and professional image to others in carrying out responsibilities.