* Provides primary or acute health care services for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
2. Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
3. Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
4. Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.