* Maintains responsibility for the overall administrative, clinical and budget management of the Wasie Neonatal ICU at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital and the JDCH Neonatal Transport Program.
1. Provides leadership and direction of patient care and other related activities consistent with the organizational goals, hospital mission and the highest standards of professional patient care achievable for neonates and infants, including those with special needs, in an acute and/or intensive patient care area.
2. Fosters family-centered care and works in respectful, supportive and collaborative ways with patients and their families.
3. Considers and involves the family or those significant to the family as a part of the assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation efforts of the Director, when possible.
4. Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
5. Maintains ongoing and effective operation, assessment and continuous performance improvement of services and provides competent staff to meet the needs of the patient population in a neonatal critical care area.
6. Monitors staff application of current standards of care and maintains clinical competency in order to assure quality patient care in specialty area. Responsible for meeting all requirements of regulatory agencies, monitoring of PI issues and all reporting mechanisms associated therein.
7. Prepares unit budget and monitors/controls expenditures and utilization of resources.
8. Demonstrates leadership skills in directing staff, interviewing, hiring, counseling and evaluating, following policies and procedures. Demonstrates professional responsibility by participating in department activities and maintaining professional standards.