* Assists with the management of departmental operations to ensure alignment with departmental, organizational and regulatory standards and objectives. Implements and coordinates educational activities for staff development. Performs advanced diagnostic imaging procedures to assess cardiac structures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
1. Assists with developing specific departmental goals, quality standards, training needs, policies and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
2. Maintains the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission on Echocardiography (IACECHO) accreditation including timely submission of applications and data for the department.
3. Implements new employee competency standards, preceptor training and mentorship program to ensure the success of new employees.
4. Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. May perform and oversees scheduling, recruitment, payroll, and student engagements.
5. Assists with departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts and vendor relations. Oversees inventory and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies. Ensures proper working order of equipment.
6. Assesses the quality of patient care delivered by maintaining a robust quality assurance program.
7. Coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments.
8. Works with the Information Technology Department to maintain digital reporting and storage systems.
9. Works with the financial department to ensure accurate coding and billing of diagnostic procedures.
10. Performs advanced diagnostic imaging (3D, myocardial mechanics, mechanical circulatory support devices, transcatheter therapies etc.) and serves as a trainer and expert resource for staff in areas of clinical practice and professional development.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.