* Memorial Healthcare System is home to one of the most technologically advanced cardiovascular and electrophysiology labs in South Florida. Our Cardiac and Vascular Institute is ranked in the nation’s top 1% of cardiovascular centers. We give our staff exposure to nationally acclaimed cardiologists who handle the complicated cases that demand innovation and the highest level of expertise. We encourage the constant development of skill and knowledge that make a difference in patient outcomes.
Notable procedures include:
- Ablation for Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Adult and Pediatric Congenital Specialties
- TAVR, MVR, and AAA Stent Graft Procedures
- Cardiac Device Implants
- Interventional and Neuro Interventional Radiology
Performs all phases of interventional and neuro-interventional radiologic examinations to to patients in the CVIS in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Prepares patients for procedures by reviewing medical history, draping and positioning the patient, preparing procedural/testing sites and administering contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.
2. Assists physician with performing diagnostic and vascular interventional procedures. Reviews results and takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues.
3. Prepares equipment and supplies including sterile trays. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
4. Assists with clerical and non-technical duties necessary to department operations, such as documenting procedures into department/hospital information systems, as per departmental policy, recording billing, editing and statistical information in radiology information system, maintaining and cleaning patient care equipment per infection control standards and evaluating inventory levels, to ensure par level of stock, suitable for the needs of division.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.