About This Job
The Lab Point of Care Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of point of care testing. This support crosses multiple laboratory and clinic locations. Lab Point of Care Coordinator provides technical resources and daily direction to nurses, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare providers with regard to laboratory policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. The Lab Point of Care Coordinator assures quality testing and accurate test performance through operator training, competency assessment, equipment monitoring, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, quality control review, and proficiency testing. Incumbents operate under general supervision.
• Manages the oversight of Point of Care Testing (POCT) for all POCT in the area.
• Works and communicates with nursing, physicians, employees and management as needed.
• Coordinate training assessments. Develop and maintain teaching / training materials.
• Coordinate competency assessment. Develop and maintain competency assessment materials.
• Provides technical oversight for Point of Care testing performed to meet/exceed accreditation standards.
• Ensures that the test systems are properly functioning. Maintains, troubleshoots and takes corrective action with equipment as needed.
• Develop and oversee validation/verification studies for new instruments, methods and tests
• Review quality control for problem identification and troubleshooting. Use quality control statistics and control procedures such as comparison between methods and results from proficiency testing to identify and or correct performance problems.
• May assist with maintaining inventory and supplies for the Point of Care testing.
Experience & Requirements
About Memorial Regional Hospital
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law.
We are proud to offer Veteran’s Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.
Employment is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
If you need reasonable accommodation during the application process, please call 954-276-8340 (M-F, 8am-5pm) or email TalentAcquisitionCenter@mhs.net
Memorial Regional Hospital
Memorial Regional Hospital
09:00 am to 05:30 pm
« All News
A Message from K. Scott Wester, FACHE/in Featured /by jortega
I’m excited to introduce myself to all job seekers interested in career opportunities at Memorial Healthcare System. Personally, I am thrilled to have the chance to be part of such an extraordinary team and dynamic organization. I chose Memorial for my career for the same reasons you might: strong culture of connectedness clinical depth and […]