About This Job
Memorial Healthcare System will be hosting an on-site Medical Assistant Hiring Event on Wednesday, May 31st for various locations and specialty areas.
To register for the event, please apply to the position for consideration. Interview time slots will only be confirmed for applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for the position and interview with a Recruiter prior to the event.
Priority will be given to applicants with a confirmed interview time slot. Walk-in applicants are welcome, however wait times may vary.
Performs routine clinical and administrative duties in support of assigned area or office.
– Sign on Bonus $2,500 for Full-time
• Under the supervision of physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or nurse, assists with performing patient assessments and treatments. Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs, height and weight, takes brief history on current illness or injury, current medications, allergies, required screenings, and other pertinent information as appropriate.
• Reviews/Documents Social Determinants. Provides education/resources as needed.
• Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning/disinfection per protocol, and troubleshooting. Maintains examination areas.
• Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection, including phlebotomy, splint application and procedural tray/room set-up.
• Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Documents patient care provided. Provides discharge instructions and follows-up with patient as needed. Recognizes and seeks help in emergent situations.
• Manages and facilitates all in-basket messages and patient phone calls.
• Activates of My Chart Accounts where appropriate. Ensures Telehealth connectivity for scheduled appointments and trouble shoots as needed.
• Reviews patient charts to ensure imaging is available and all pertinent information to maximize appointment.
• Round with patients in practice to ensure Excellent Patient Experience is met.
• Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including scanning, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration.
• Follow-up on reported issues and assists with service recovery.
Experience & Requirements
About Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law.
We are proud to offer Veteran’s Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.
Employment is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
If you need reasonable accommodation during the application process, please call 954-276-8340 (M-F, 8am-5pm) or email TalentAcquisitionCenter@mhs.net
Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System
8:00am to 5:00pm
« All News
A Message from K. Scott Wester, FACHE/in Featured /by jortega
I’m excited to introduce myself to all job seekers interested in career opportunities at Memorial Healthcare System. Personally, I am thrilled to have the chance to be part of such an extraordinary team and dynamic organization. I chose Memorial for my career for the same reasons you might: strong culture of connectedness clinical depth and […]