About This Job
Responsible for functions associated with inventory control and distribution, maximizing quality, minimizing costs supporting goals within system supply chain objectives. This role will ensure the highest level of customer service, timely delivery and proper handling of medical/surgical supplies, medical equipment, emergency supplies and code carts, in accordance with professional and regulatory standards. Accountable for timely reconciliation of patient charges and credits.
• Accurately receives, picks, packs and stocks inventory materials and supplies to include preparation of procedural trays and carts to designated areas within the facility. Validates the process of perpetual inventory items, issues and credits materials from the inventory management system.
• Supports the overall workflow of supply chain inventory and distribution, by analyzing and troubleshooting automation process, Lawson, and handheld devices for functionality and accuracy.
• Restocks supplies daily and rotates inventory while supporting accurate and established inventory levels. Generates orders/requisitions as needed. Identifies excess inventory and processes returns, when needed, for credit. Reviews and recommends inventory par level adjustments for management approval.
• Distributes medical supplies and equipment to patient care areas, while monitoring specific products to assure appropriate levels in order not to affect patient care.
• Maintains the integrity, labeling, stocking, and outdating of specialty carts and Pyxis supply cabinets.
• Collects, decontaminates, and processes durable medical equipment for circulation throughout the facility. Assures timely availability of safe patient care equipment.
• Performs scheduled quality assurance checks on various hospital equipment.
• Conducts physical inspections and performs all duties related to par-stock maintenance utilizing computer systems and software. Develops knowledge of medical supplies stocked within the department to include usage in treatment of patients. Acts as a liaison between clinical staff and Supply Chain Management department.
• Maintains the proper and appropriate professional and ethical relationships with external and internal customers. Provides the highest level of customer service.
• Participates in regular inventory for assigned areas.
• Performs staff responsibilities as needed to fulfill required service levels.
Experience & Requirements
About Memorial Hospital West
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law.
We are proud to offer Veteran’s Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.
Employment is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
If you need reasonable accommodation during the application process, please call 954-276-8340 (M-F, 8am-5pm) or email TalentAcquisitionCenter@mhs.net
Memorial Hospital West
Memorial Hospital West
Pembroke Pines, FL
04:00 am 12:30 pm
« All News
A Message from K. Scott Wester, FACHE/in Featured /by jortega
I’m excited to introduce myself to all job seekers interested in career opportunities at Memorial Healthcare System. Personally, I am thrilled to have the chance to be part of such an extraordinary team and dynamic organization. I chose Memorial for my career for the same reasons you might: strong culture of connectedness clinical depth and […]