Performs receptionist, registration, and clerical duties associated with registering patient for outpatient services.
• Communicates with referring physician’s office, clinical department(s), and/or other appropriate personnel to exchange necessary information and determine schedule.
• Verifies insurance benefits and obtains pre-certification/authorization as necessary. Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or refers to financial counselors for follow up.
• Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical information is obtained and entered in the registration system with timeliness and accuracy.
• Activates of My Chart Accounts where appropriate. Ensures Telehealth connectivity for scheduled appointments and trouble shoots as needed.
• Process medical record requests.
• Work through incoming departmental referral work queues daily.
• Ensure daily patient appointment reminder calls are complete. Appointment no-Shows are contacted and patients are rescheduled following practice guidelines. Accurately document telephone encounter outcomes.
• Round with patients in practice to ensure Excellent Patient Experience is met.
• Meet with patient or patient’s caregiver to discuss appointment instructions, and discuss patient’s concerns.
• Follow-up on reported issues and assist with service recovery.
• Daily review and monitoring of physician / practice schedules keeping no-show rates low to ensure patient access.
• Checks Incoming Referral work ques daily and contacts patients to schedule requested appointment.