This position is eligible for a sign bonus as advertised based on applicant eligibility.
The registered and certified pharmacy technician III works under the direct supervision of licensed pharmacists to provide distributive pharmacy services and support to the pharmacy department. Additionally, provides a high level of assistance in distribution, dispensing, and compounding of sterile and non-sterile medications, and related supplies in compliance with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements.
• Competent and skilled to perform all duties of Technician I and Technician II.
• Demonstrates proficiency in one or more specialty areas as required to meet the demands of the department (e.g. neonates, oncology, purchasing, automation, auditing , reimbursement, total parenteral nutrition, inventory management).
• Trains, leads and serves as a resource to other technicians to help manage daily operational workflow.
• Independently executes and completes pharmacy projects or reports under the direction of pharmacy leadership.
• Assists with development, organization, and implementation of process improvement, continuous quality and safety initiatives and outcomes.
• Able to perform all activities in the pharmacy technician scope of practice