Monday – Friday
Provides computed tomography imaging in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
• Reviews patient history and physician’s orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient’s understanding and cooperation.
• When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
• Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
• Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes images and identifies issues with the quality of images. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure if clinically appropriate.
• Charges appropriately for all supplies used for procedure and utilizes appropriate exam codes.