The Pharmacy Automations System Administrator is a registered and certified pharmacy technician who is responsible for providing specialized technical support, implementation and/or upgrades, monitoring, user training and project management of pharmacy systems. Additionally, provides a high level of assistance in compliance with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements under the direct supervision of licensed pharmacists.
• Oversees installation and upgrade of software, manages virtual servers, and integrates automation processes. Manages system resources including capacity, availability, security and recovery.
• Collaborates with staff and/or vendors to troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software errors by running diagnostics, prioritizing and assessing impact of issues.
• Supervises, trains, directs and serves as an internal resource for pharmacy technicians to support department operations.
• Audits and reconciles narcotic dispenses and monitors drug diversion as required by regulatory bodies including but not limited to, CMS, Joint Commision, DEA, Board of Pharmacy and reports findings to the consultant of record for the pharmacy department.
• Monitors Quality and Assurance processes involving automation systems and prepares drug utilization trends analysis and reports to maintain safe and optimal operational efficiency.
• Collaborates with colleagues and other management team members to solve cross departmental problems.
• Performs all pharmacy technician roles and functions including coverage of inventory procurement responsibilities as needed.
• Analyzes inventory movement, makes inventory rotations and recommendations for PAR levels for automated dispensing cabinets. Reviews expired inventory reports, identifies trends and makes recommendations to leadership for improved inventory management.