Directs and coordinates the daily clinical operations of the kidney transplant service line. Responsibilities matrix across the organization in order to facilitate the multi-disciplinary team approach and collaboration. This position is responsible for the daily operations and overall supervision of all clinical services delivered to kidney transplant and living donor patients. Directly responsible for management of clinical services provided by RN Transplant Coordinators across the continuum of care; inpatient, outpatient, and all transplant clinic care delivery sites.
• Customer Service-Solves customer problems, treats customers with dignity and respect, and acknowledges/responds quickly to customer s needs.
• Ethics and Compliance-Conducts and demonstrates compliance with and reporting of suspected violations of all relevant laws, regulations, MRH s compliance policies and procedures, and code of conduct.
• Related Competencies-Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served infant through geriatrics. Also demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret age appropriate data about the patient s status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide appropriate age based care.
• Collaborates and provides leadership by supporting the transplant team through the management of nursing staff within daily clinical operations.
• Clinical-responsible for the direct supervision of the Registered Nurses of the kidney transplant program; direct oversight for all clinical activities related to the care and of the kidney transplant program.
• Contracting/Marketing-works in collaboration with transplant administrator on program development and promotions.
• Additional Responsibilities-actively supports and participates in the Transplant QAPI program activities; participation in all survey activities; quality program integration in workflows, survey preparation, survey activities, and post survey action plans.
• IT/EMR – Directly responsible for the collaboration/utilization of the EMR program for kidney transplant by working with team members to ensure workflow, patient safety, quality, and regulatory requirements are integrated into kidney transplant program operations.
• Environment of Care – Collaborates with the transplant program leadership, clinic leader, and organization leadership to ensure knowledge, observation, and compliance with safety policies, emergency procedures, and standard and infection control practices and precautions.