Performs routine clinical and administrative duties in support of assigned area or office.
• Under the supervision of physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or nurse, assists with performing patient assessments and treatments. Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs, height and weight, takes brief history on current illness or injury, current medications, allergies, required screenings, and other pertinent information as appropriate.
• Reviews/Documents Social Determinants. Provides education/resources as needed.
• Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning/disinfection per protocol, and troubleshooting. Maintains examination areas.
• Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection, including phlebotomy, splint application and procedural tray/room set-up.
• Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Documents patient care provided. Provides discharge instructions and follows-up with patient as needed. Recognizes and seeks help in emergent situations.
• Manages and facilitates all in-basket messages and patient phone calls.
• Activates of My Chart Accounts where appropriate. Ensures Telehealth connectivity for scheduled appointments and trouble shoots as needed.
• Reviews patient charts to ensure imaging is available and all pertinent information to maximize appointment.
• Round with patients in practice to ensure Excellent Patient Experience is met.
• Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including scanning, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration.
• Follow-up on reported issues and assists with service recovery.