Works under the supervision of a pharmacist to perform duties associated with medication management system under the pharmacy intern scope of practice and cross functions as pharmacy technician as needed.
• Provides patients and healthcare providers with education and drug information under pharmacist supervision. Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care. Provide staff education and training as needed.
• Assists with internal and external customer service needs.
• Administers immunizations, when applicable as a designated as immunizer.
• Cross functions in all pharmacy technician roles as assigned. Prepares non-sterile and sterile compounded medications, including hazardous preparations when deemed competent. Prepares, fills, receives, delivers, stocks and restocks medication inventory and supplies for the pharmacy department and drug storage areas, manages work ques and completes medication histories.
• Assists with development, organization, and implementation of process improvement and continuous quality and safety monitoring initiatives and outcomes. Independently executes and completes pharmacy projects or reports under the direction of pharmacy leadership.
• Manages and recommends drug therapy regimens as a part of an interdisciplinary team. Under pharmacists supervision reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders/prescriptions, labs and other clinically relevant information to ensure safe and optimal therapeutic outcomes, and provides clinical pharmacy services which may include but is not limited to: renal/hepatic dosage adjustment, pharmacokinetic dosing, anticoagulation monitoring, total parenteral nutrition, and antimicrobial stewardship, patient counseling etc.
• Assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in delivering patient care and services that are within the state scope of practice for pharmacy interns.