Coordinates and provides clinical pharmacy services to patients and works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team. Provides leadership and oversight to pharmacy technicians and other support staff for the distribution, dispensing and compounding of sterile and non-sterile medications and related supplies in compliance with accreditation, legal, regulatory and safety requirements.
• Manages and recommends drug therapy regimens as a part of an interdisciplinary team to provide patient and family centered care.
• Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders, labs and other clinically relevant information to ensure safe and optimal therapeutic outcomes and documents interventions appropriately.
• Provides Clinical Pharmacy services which may include but is not limited to: renal/hepatic dosage adjustment, pharmacokinetic dosing, anticoagulation monitoring, total parenteral nutrition, antimicrobial stewardship.
• Supervises and delegates tasks to technicians and other support staff to ensure timely prescription/order verification, preparation, and distribution of medications, compounding and/or supplies and coordinates workflow as needed.
• Provides drug information to patients and healthcare providers including medical, nursing, and pharmacy staff.