Provides nursing leadership for all nursing units during assigned shift.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes. Coordinates patient care services with staff, physicians, and other departments.
• Responds to complaints/conflicts and manages through established channels. Makes administrative decisions in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
• Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Responds to staff requests for assistance with providing or managing direct patient care in complex or difficult matters.
• Determines, coordinates, and monitors the flow of patients between units to maximize the use of resources and meet service level objectives.
• This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.