MHS s diversity, equity and inclusion focus aligns with our purpose: Deeper Caring, Smarter Healthcare. Our mission is to heal the body, mind and spirit of those we touch. As such, supporting our employees on the DEI journey is vital to our success. This role is focused on engaging employees, coordinating events and opportunities to be involved, and telling the story around our initiatives. In this role, every day you will have a chance to make a difference. The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Coordinator will assist with building and supporting initiatives that promote diversity, equity, access, and inclusion by providing project and reporting support for our DEI program and initiatives under the direction of the DEI Director. This role will find meaningful avenues to support employee education and involvement, systems review, reporting, and communications to execute program objectives. As such, this role requires high attention to detail, critical thinking, exceptional stakeholder care, heightened awareness of organizational impact and ability to manage multiple priorities. And at the heart is the ability to connect, hear what isn t being said, and compassion to find a successful, inclusive path forward.
• Creates and coordinates communication and distribution of resources with internal and external stakeholders in support of departmental activities.
• Supports development, reporting, and forecast of metrics for DEI program and activities. Will participate in quarterly and annual reporting requirements as needed.
• Occasionally works special events outside of normal business hours within MHS’s geographic footprint.
• Manages and responds to internal inquiries about DEI initiatives and activities.
• Coordinate implementation of DEI related programs, events and initiatives.
• Researches and stays abreast of trends, theories and practices related to individuals with Special Needs/ Disabilities.
• Manages standard practices as they relate to special needs.
• Designs, develops, delivers and evaluates training programs and initiatives that support diversity organizational goals and strategic objectives. Incorporates classroom, blended learning, eLearning, webinar and other training methodologies to meet the development needs of staff and leaders throughout the organization.
• Supervises interpreting and translation contracts and is the point person for quality improvement information.
• Evaluates, proposes and implements new technology as it becomes available to support individuals with disabilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.