The Manager of Magnet Program, in collaboration with the Director of Education and clinical leadership, coordinates all aspects of the ANCC Magnet application, designation, re-designation process and annual reporting while maintaining a highly visible leadership role in the hospital. This role is responsible for ensuring the Magnet framework and essential domains are enculturated and hardwired into the organization through coordination, education and consultation employees with Leadership.
• Responsible for the collaboration of key nursing sensitive indicators and outcomes and develops all reports and demographics for submission to the ANCC Magnet Office.
• Plans, integrates, implements, and evaluation of Magnet program initiatives.
• Conducts gap analysis for evidence of the Magnet Model components and works closely with leadership to formulate plans to close the gaps in performance.
• Provides and coordinates education for all staff and Magnet Champions on key initiatives and Magnet principles, standards and expectations.
• Maintains a spirit of inquiry using nursing evidence-based practice findings and research methodologies to improve the care delivered to patients.
• Develops Magnet dashboards and shares with CNO and Nursing Leadership Team on a monthly basis.
• Analyzes unit/department data related to nurse sensitive indicators in comparison to established benchmarks; apprises leadership of standings; and develops action plans to obtain.
• Chairs the Magnet Steering Committee; serving as a liaison and consultative resource for all clinical and support departments, administration, physicians, and the community.
• Fosters/leads an environment of shared governance and shared decision making; ensures shared decision-making structure is in place at the hospital and unit level.
• Coordinates the hospital preparation for Magnet appraiser site visit, coordinate exhibits, unit inspections, agenda planning and unit champion orientation.