Manages the department’s activities and resources to ensure alignment with the mission, values, and objectives of the department and Memorial Healthcare System. Ensures that patient cares services are delivered in a manner that balances quality of care with efficiency, cost containment and compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Assists with the development and implementation of Clinical Effectiveness goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
• Monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives
• Assist with the management and evaluation of department operations, including information technologies, service level determination and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
• May collect and assess data to identify quality trends or actual sources of risk to patients and employees. Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams and committees with respect to quality outcomes.
• Assists with the preparation and evaluation of departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.