Exciting New Program for Experienced RNs
Wishing to Transition to Specialty Practice:
Advance your career in one of today’s most in-demand specialties. Choose from:
• Infection Preventionist • RN Case Manager • Clinical Nurse Educator • Critical Care • Emergency Services • Oncology • L & D • OR • PACU • CVI/IR • Cath Lab • CVIMCU • NICU • PICU • Nursery • Pediatric Services
About the Program
We have adopted the evidence-based curriculum supported by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Transition to Practice Program™ with the goal of providing a structured program designed to facilitate orientation of experienced RNs to new practice settings.
The RN Fellowship program is managed by Valarie Grumme, PhD, RN, CCRN-K, Director of the RN Fellowship Program. The program is supported by a team of accomplished CNOs, Directors of Education, and Clinical Nurse Educators at each Memorial hospital location.
Upcoming Application & Start Dates
You will gain the theoretical knowledge and hands-on clinical experience needed to provide patient- and family-centered care within Emergency Services, Critical Care, CVI/IR, Cath Lab, Oncology, OR, PACU, L & D, CVIMCU, NICU, Nursery, PICU or Pediatric Services. Highlights include:
- One-year program created to transition experienced RNs into new specialty practice areas.
- Evidence-based curriculum supported by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Transition to Practice™ Program.
- Program includes specialty classroom training, simulation, hands-on practice in the clinical environment, and bi-monthly seminars focusing on professional growth in specialty practice, evidence-based practice and leadership skills.
- Group support within your specialty cohort and access to a designated Nurse Educator.
- Opportunity to impact clinical practice by developing an evidence-based practice project.
- Invitation to a specialty certification review course upon completion of the Program.
This Program is offered to nurses with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year of hospital experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred. ASN accepted with the provision that candidate be enrolled in an RN-BSN program by end of the first year of employment and complete within three (3) years of employment.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Florida (via Florida Board of Nursing or Nurse Compact licensure endorsement).
- Current BLS and ACLS certification.
- Willingness to make a two-year commitment as a full-time employee in the assigned specialty area.
Nurses accepted into the Fellowship Program are expected to:
- Practice professionalism regarding engagement, work ethic and attitude.
- Embrace the Memorial mission and vision, as well as follow policies and procedures.
- Participate in all learning experiences and program components.
- Attend all scheduled seminars to support your knowledge base and build on your practice.
- Complete all program surveys and evaluations.
- Present your Evidence-Based Practice Project.
- Attend the RN Fellowship Graduation Celebration.
Memorial Regional Hospital, Memorial Regional Hospital South, Memorial Hospital West, Memorial Hospital Miramar, Memorial Hospital Pembroke
You will apply your advanced clinical skills to facilitate the management of the patient experience through assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation. The goal for Case Managers is to improve clinical outcomes, increase patient satisfaction, and promote cost-effectiveness.
Clinical Nurse Educator
PEDS CATH LAB
You should be prepared to provide the following information when submitting your application by scanning documents as one attachment to the application:
- Resume, with complete employment history (organizations, dates, job titles, and responsibilities).
- Top three track and location selections.
Nurse Recruiters will promptly review all submitted applications. If selected as a top candidate, you will be called and scheduled for interviews. Unfortunately, everyone will not be selected for interviews. If not selected for interviews, you will be notified electronically through our application tracking system in as timely a manner. You are encouraged to view the status of your application via the Career Website at any time to know where you are in the application process.
If you are selected and hired, please be prepared to present the following documents:
- Current Florida RN license
- Current BLS and ACLS for Healthcare Provider card
Application deadline and program availability is subject to change based on application volume and business/organizational needs. Facility placement and location preferences are not guaranteed.
How often do you offer the RN Fellowship?
RN Fellowships are offered 3 times/year and as determined by specialty area needs
What specialties are offered in the RN Fellowship Program?
How long is the RN Fellowship Program?
Once I list a location preference in my application, will I also be considered for other sites?
What should I expect during the interview process?
How many RN Fellows will be hired?
When hired as an RN Fellow, when will I be eligible for benefits?
Do you offer shift and weekend differentials in the RN Fellowship Program?
What will my schedule be during the RN Fellowship?
Is it possible to take time off during the RN Fellowship?
What staff support do RN Fellows receive?
Is there a time commitment after completing the program?
Will I be required to sign a contract?
What if I have more questions?
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.