Upcoming Application & Start Dates
Improve your chances for success.
Before starting the application process, be sure to review the Sample Application Packet and print out the Application Checklist. Only complete applications will be considered, and you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity!
Please apply to the open requisition for the Nurse Residency Program – during the appropriate time frames for the specific cohort.
You should be prepared to provide the following information when submitting your application by entering this via your cover letter or resume, on the application form itself, and by scanning documents as one attachment to the application:
- Please indicate your top three track selections (view choices here), within your submitted documentation. Please add to your resume, letter of intent, or separate document.
- Provide your GPA accompanied by unofficial transcripts (scanned with the application).
- Include your previous employment history: organization, dates, job title, and responsibilities.
- Include any/all volunteer work: name of organization, role, and responsibilities.
- Describe any leadership roles in work, school or service organization; honors & awards.
- Be sure to include all of your academic clinical experiences: institution name, unit, dates and brief descriptions of care provided and competencies performed.
- Submit two (2) professional letters of recommendation, on letter head, one of which can be from a clinical faculty member.
- For internal candidates – one recommendation must come from your current manager.
Letter of Intent – include answers to each of the following:
- What are your expectations of the Nurse Residency Program and how will it help you achieve your goals?
- Why did you choose the profession of nursing?
- Why do you want to begin your career at Memorial Healthcare System?
When should I expect to hear back after I have submitted an application?
Once an application is successfully submitted, Nurse Recruiters will promptly review applications. If selected as a top candidate, you will be called by a Nurse Manager. Unfortunately, everyone will not be selected for interviews. If not selected for interviews, you will be notified electronically through our application tracking system in as timely a manner as possible. You are encouraged to view the status of your application via the Career Website at any time to know where you are in the application process.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.