Nurse Residency Highlights
• One-year program created to transition new graduates from novice to advanced beginner nurses.
• Formal education developed to extend basic nurse education and skills growth.
• Evidence-based curriculum designed by Vizient/American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
• Subject matter includes leadership concepts, patient outcomes, and the role of a professional nurse.
• Diverse learning opportunities such as classroom training, nursing skills fair and monthly seminars.
• Group support within new graduate cohort and access to a designated nurse educator.
• Practice professionalism regarding engagement, work ethic and attitude.
• Embrace the MHS mission and vision, as well as follow policies and procedures.
• Participate in all learning experiences and program components.
• Attend monthly seminars to support your knowledge base and build on your practice.
• Complete all program surveys and evaluations.
• Present your Evidence-Based Practice Project.
• Attend the Nurse Residency Graduation Celebration.
Upcoming Application & Start Dates
Please apply to the open requisition for the Nurse Residency Program – during the appropriate time frames for the specific cohort.
You should be prepared to provide the following information when submitting your application by entering this via your cover letter or resume, on the application form itself, and by scanning documents as attachments to the application:
- Please indicate your top three track selections (view choices here).
- Provide your GPA accompanied by unofficial transcripts (scanned with the application).
- Include your previous employment history: organization, dates, job title, and responsibilities.
- Include any/all volunteer work: name of organization, role, and responsibilities.
- Describe any leadership roles in work, school or service organization; honors & awards.
- Be sure to include all of your academic clinical experiences: institution name, unit, dates and brief descriptions of care provided and competencies performed.
- Submit two (2) professional letters of recommendation, one of which can be from a clinical faculty member.
- For internal candidates – one recommendation must come from your current manager.
Letter of Intent – include answers to each of the following:
- What are your expectations of the Nurse Residency Program and how will it help you achieve your goals?
- Why did you choose the profession of nursing?
- Why do you want to begin your career at Memorial Healthcare System?
When should I expect to hear back after I have submitted an application?
Once an application is successfully submitted, Nurse Recruiters will promptly review applications. If selected as a top candidate, you will be called by a Nurse Manager. Unfortunately, everyone will not be selected for interviews. If not selected for interviews, you will be notified electronically through our application tracking system in as a timely manner as possible. You are encouraged to view the status of your application via the Career Website at any time to know where you are in the application process.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.