Occupational Therapist I – Inpatient Rehab, PT-Days, MRH
Job Category: Allied Health
Location: Memorial Regional Hospital
Requisition Number: 64558BR
Work Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Shift: Part Time Flex
Shift Hours: 5 days/week 12:30pm-4:30pm
Provides occupational therapy services to patients needing to develop, recover and maintain occupational skills.
1. Performs and documents initial and ongoing assessments of patient’s condition including type and frequency of treatment.
2. Designs and implements a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the healthcare team as well as the patient/family.
3. Educates and counsels patients and families regarding treatment plans and progress. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support resources.
4. Supervises and delegates the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice standards. Mentors peers and students.
5. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida state license as an occupational therapist. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.