Job Category: Support Services
Location: Memorial Regional Hospital
Requisition Number: 64557BR
Work Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Shift: Staff Relief Flex
Shift Hours: Variable
Transports patients, and equipment throughout the facility.
1. Transports patients via wheelchair, stretcher, bed or neuro chair to designated sites as requested, including patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips, monitors, and other equipment.
2. Assists patients with entering and exiting vehicles, including transfer from or to wheelchairs or stretchers.
3. Delivers equipment to requesting staff or department. Assists staff with removal of deceased bodies from units and transport to morgue.
4. Assists staff with lift assists and repositioning of patients when needed.
5. Greets and provides information and direction to patients and visitors.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider certification required within 30 days of hire.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.