Radiography Technologist, Per Diem, MHP
Job Category: Allied Health
Location: Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Requisition Number: 64305BR
Work Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Work Shift: Staff Relief Flex
Shift Hours: Varied hours to include evenings, holidays and on call
Performs various imaging procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Reviews patient history and physician’s orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient’s understanding and cooperation.
2. When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
3. Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
4. Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
5. Charges appropriately for all supplies used for procedures.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Recent graduates of an approved Radiography program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered as a Technologist (RT) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or must possess an active Temporary Radiography Certificate from the State of Florida and must take the ARRT examination within ninety days of obtaining a Florida Temporary Certificate and provide proof of an upgrade to permanent license upon passage of state exam to continue employment at MHS. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
1 year of Hospital experience desired.
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• Emergency Department
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Radiology and Imaging Services
• Memorial Ventilator Program
• New Vision Medical Stabilization
• Sleep Disorder and Sleep Study Center
• Urgent Care Center
• Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
• Canadian Program
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association. Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.