Host/Hostess – Food & Nutrition, MRH South, PT
Job Category: Support Services
Location: Memorial Regional Hospital South
Requisition Number: 64552BR
Work Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Shift: Part Time Flex
Shift Hours: 2pm to 8:30pm, 4pm to 8:30pm
Assists patients with menu selection and reviews menu in connection with physician-ordered diet parameters.
1. Receives and responds to phone calls regarding patient and guest meal orders. Maintains and documents food preferences, diet orders and food allergies.
2. Helps patients to make menu selections that comply with their dietary requirements and restrictions.
3. Ensures that patient meal process is completed in accordance with time expectations.
4. Assists with patient/guest satisfaction initiatives by collecting patient/guest satisfaction comments and complaints. Resolves, refers, and/or reports service quality issues as appropriate.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Personal Protective Equipment: Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Work Experience: Customer service related experience.
Memorial Regional Hospital South is the home of Memorial Rehabilitation Institute and provides a wide range of healthcare services to the South Florida region. With 280 beds and 505 employees, Memorial Regional Hospital South offers compassionate care and services such as:
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute, featuring an 85-bed inpatient program, a comprehensive outpatient program (the busiest in South Florida), and more, to get patients “Back to Their MAX”
• Emergency Department
• Hospice Unit
• Laboratory Services
• Molecular Laboratory
• Podiatry Residency Program
• Surgical Services
• Women’s Imaging Center
• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician Offices
• Rehabilitation Psychology Department
A leader in rehabilitation, Memorial Regional Hospital South has also been recognized by The Leapfrog Group, which has consistently awarded the facility with an “A” Rating for Patient Safety, and by Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for emergency room and outpatient Patient Satisfaction.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.