Respiratory Therapist – MRH South, FT Flex
Job Category: Allied Health
Location: Memorial Regional Hospital South
Requisition Number: 64540BR
Work Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Shift: F/T Flexible Schedule
Shift Hours: 7am 7pm , 7pm 7am , and weekend
Provides care for patients with cardiopulmonary disorders.
1. Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
2. Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
3. Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
4. Educates the patient and family about the patient’s illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) for NICU, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) for Pediatric areas and/or Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) for Adult areas.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Personal Protective Equipment: Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Memorial Regional Hospital South is the home of Memorial Rehabilitation Institute and provides a wide range of healthcare services to the South Florida region. With 280 beds and 505 employees, Memorial Regional Hospital South offers compassionate care and services such as:
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute, featuring an 85-bed inpatient program, a comprehensive outpatient program (the busiest in South Florida), and more, to get patients “Back to Their MAX”
• Emergency Department
• Hospice Unit
• Laboratory Services
• Molecular Laboratory
• Podiatry Residency Program
• Surgical Services
• Women’s Imaging Center
• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician Offices
• Rehabilitation Psychology Department
A leader in rehabilitation, Memorial Regional Hospital South has also been recognized by The Leapfrog Group, which has consistently awarded the facility with an “A” Rating for Patient Safety, and by Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for emergency room and outpatient Patient Satisfaction.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.