Manages the daily operations of the Cardio ICU unit to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives. May provide direct care to patients.
1. Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
2. Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. May oversee scheduling, recruitment, payroll and student engagements.
3. Ensures regulatory compliance. Assist with the identification, determination and need for systems, equipment and supplies. Monitors usage, and oversees proper working order of equipment and ensures adequate supplies.
4. Assesses the quality of patient care delivered. Evaluates needs of patients and families and provides patient and family centered care. Manages complaints and conflicts through to resolution.
5. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, documents and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and PALS.
Required Work Experience: Minimum one year supervisory CVICU experience-including heart transplant, VAD, ECMO, CVVHD, IABP and hemodynamic monitoring.
Joe DiMaggio himself helped celebrate the opening of the first Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital back in 1992. Today, the freestanding Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is one of the region’s leading pediatric hospitals, offering a comprehensive scope of healthcare services and programs in a child-friendly atmosphere. A full-service, 226-bed hospital, we treat minor illnesses, trauma-related accidents and some of the most complex medical conditions.
Today, in its 25th year, the hospital now has the unique distinction of being the first – and only – pediatric hospital in the world to be designated as person-centered organization by Planetree. We are one of only four children’s hospitals in Florida that performs pediatric heart transplants, and one of just a handful worldwide offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Heart Institute, which has performed 21 pediatric transplant surgeries
- Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary and Sleep Center
- Emergency Department and Trauma Center
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- General and Thoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Hypertension and Nephrology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- [U18] Sports Medicine Program for young athletes
- Outpatient services
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has been named a Broward Family Favorite by Broward Family Life magazine as a Favorite Pediatric Hospital, and has been honored by US News & World Report as a Best Children’s Hospital for Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Orthopedics and Urology.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
In order to be eligible for any sign-on bonus (as designated on the job posting) you must have a minimum of one year of experience in that area of specialty.