Medical Technologist Blood Bank New Graduate Internship Program, MRH
Job Category: Allied Health
Location: Memorial Regional Hospital
Requisition Number: 64477BR
Work Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Shift: F/T Flexible Schedule
Shift Hours: Various Shifts
Performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory. May mentor students and/or new hires.
1. Performs examination of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
2. Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
3. Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
4. Serves as a resource to laboratory staff and other clinical staff as needed.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: As required by Florida state licensure.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida State Licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist with qualification in the area of responsibility.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.