Job Category: Allied Health
Location: Memorial Regional Hospital
Requisition Number: 63219BR
Work Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Shift: Full time nights 12 hours
Shift Hours: 6:45pm – 7:15am
Provides care for patients with cardiopulmonary disorders.
1. Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
2. Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
3. Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
4. Educates the patient and family about the patient’s illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
Personal Protective Equipment: Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. Required Work Experience: No experience required.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program. Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) for NICU, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) for Pediatric areas and/or Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) for Adult areas.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.