Clinical ER/Critical Care Pharmacist – Pharmacy, FT-Nights, MHW
Job Category: Pharmacy
Location: Memorial Hospital West
Requisition Number: 63007BR
Work Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Work Shift: Full time nights 12 hours
Shift Hours: 7on/7off
Coordinates and provides the pharmaceutical care of patients. Provides leadership to pharmacy technicians.
1. Manages and recommends drug therapy regimes as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
2. Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders, labs and other clinically relevant information for appropriateness.
3. Assures timely order verification and distribution of pharmaceuticals.
4. Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida State licensure as a pharmacist.
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 – and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an “A” Ranking for Patient Safety.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.