Housekeeping – Environmental Services Technician, Per Diem-Eves, MHW
Job Category: Support Services
Location: Memorial Hospital West
Requisition Number: 61885BR
Work Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Work Shift: Staff Relief Flex
Shift Hours: 3:00pm -11:30pm
Creates a sanitary, safe environment and enhances the appearance of the facility.
1. Cleans patient rooms and other assigned areas daily, including collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens and sanitizing all surfaces. Ensures proper sanitation of medical equipment as required.
2. Replenish supplies and/or linen in patient rooms as necessary or designated.
3. Maintains cart and equipment in clean, working condition and stores in appropriate storage area when finished with shift.
4. May be responsible for maintaining a consistent floor care program according to outlined policies and procedures.
5. Performs other environmental services duties as needed.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Personal Protective Equipment: Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Hospital or hotel cleaning experience desired.
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 – and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an “A” Ranking for Patient Safety.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.