The Administrative Director of Graduate Medical Education (ADGME) provides leadership and direction for the GME department in conjunction with developing and executing strategic plans based on system-wide strategic objectives, national trends, and industry best practices.
1. Oversees and provides guidance for all graduate medical education operations to other departments, programs, and leadership, and serves as primary point of contact within MHS for issues and initiatives related to graduate medical education.
2. Coordinates graduate medical education, identifies and promotes best practices throughout MHS and provides strategic direction for all programs. Advises leadership and staff on national trends and best practices in graduate medical education.
3. Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, payroll, and student engagements for the Director of Medical Education, Medical Librarian, and Program Coordinator(s).
4. Supports the CAO in the execution of MHS academic strategic plan to address programmatic goals and strategic objectives to ensure the success of graduate medical education initiatives and identifies high-priority initiatives and develops work plans and timelines for completion.
5. Assists with internal and external communication on behalf of the MHS academic programs, including collaborating with external professional associations/societies and contributing to internal efforts (e.g., marketing, philanthropy/development, governmental relations, advocacy), internal programs, and departments.
6. Ensures continuous improvement of the program through monitoring of operating and performance indicators and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Medicare and other government regulations relevant to graduate medical education by way of continuing education.
7. Assists in leading special projects and ad-hoc initiatives, as requested. Represents the CAO in his/her absence.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education with focus on Adult Learning, Healthcare Administration or a related field
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Must be able to travel to the various MHS sites.
Required Work Experience: 3 years of related GME or academic leadership experience is required.
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation’s leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics. The system offers a diversity of opportunities and specialties matched only by our uniquely skilled team of over 10,000 employees. Memorial Healthcare System has developed a strong organizational culture that empowers its workforce and supports a vibrant patient care environment. In fact, MHS was recognized by the Studer Group with a “Fire Starter Award” for extraordinary outcomes in developing a culture of service and operational excellence.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.