Job Category: Nursing Management
Location: Memorial Hospital Miramar
Requisition Number: 61105BR
Work Location: Miramar, FL
Work Shift: Full Time Days
Shift Hours: 8a-5p
Manages the daily operations of the assigned department, unit, or function to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
1. Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
2. Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, labor utilization/retention, payroll and student engagements.
3. Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance. Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
4. Assesses the quality of patient care delivered. Evaluates needs of patients and families and provides patient and family centered care. Manages complaints and conflicts through to resolution.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or enrolled in an accredited program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and ACLS
Required work experience: 3 years nursing and 1 year supervisory experience.
When the City of Miramar was founded back in 1955, fewer than 200 people lived there. Today, it’s home to 200,000 residents who can call upon Memorial Hospital Miramar when they need outstanding compassionate care. With 178 beds, Memorial Hospital Miramar includes 162 acute-care beds, a 16-bed Level II NICU, and The Family Birthplace, which has welcomed nearly 30,000 babies into the world since the hospital opened in 2005.
Services also include:
• Cardiac Telemetry Unit
• Imaging Services
• Intensive Care
• Women’s Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services
• [U18] Sports Medicine for athletes 18 and younger
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Memorial Hospital Miramar has been named by Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals, and has won the Guardian of Excellence Award from HCAHPS Press Ganey every year since 2008.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.