Job Category: Allied Health
Location: Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
Requisition Number: 60306BR
Work Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Shift: Full time days 8 hours
Shift Hours: Flexible shift
Provides diabetes and nutrition education to patients, staff, and the community.
1. Develops and provides individualized diabetes and nutrition education to patients and their families/caregivers.
2. Assesses patient understanding and cooperation with integrating nutritional planning into the patient’s lifestyle. Modifies plans to promote success.
3. Collaborates with the healthcare team to integrate nutrition therapy into the management of diabetic patients’ care.
4. Develops and implements educational activities for staff and the community.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered as a Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Florida state licensure. Certified as a Diabetes Educator (CDE) by the National Certification Board For Diabetes Educators (NCBDE). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Required Work Experience: 2-3 years of Pediatric experience is desirable.
Joe DiMaggio himself helped celebrate the opening of the first Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital back in 1992. Today, the freestanding Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is one of the region’s leading pediatric hospitals, offering a comprehensive scope of healthcare services and programs in a child-friendly atmosphere. A full-service, 226-bed hospital, we treat minor illnesses, trauma-related accidents and some of the most complex medical conditions.
Today, in its 25th year, the hospital now has the unique distinction of being the first – and only – pediatric hospital in the world to be designated as person-centered organization by Planetree. We are one of only four children’s hospitals in Florida that performs pediatric heart transplants, and one of just a handful worldwide offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Heart Institute, which has performed 21 pediatric transplant surgeries
- Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary and Sleep Center
- Emergency Department and Trauma Center
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- General and Thoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Hypertension and Nephrology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- [U18] Sports Medicine Program for young athletes
- Outpatient services
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has been named a Broward Family Favorite by Broward Family Life magazine as a Favorite Pediatric Hospital, and has been honored by US News & World Report as a Best Children’s Hospital for Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Orthopedics and Urology.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.