Memorial Healthcare System is home to one of the most technologically advanced cardiovascular and electrophysiology labs in South Florida. Our Cardiac and Vascular Institute is ranked in the nation’s top 1% of cardiovascular centers. We give our staff exposure to nationally acclaimed cardiologists who handle the complicated cases that demand innovation and the highest level of expertise. We encourage the constant development of skill and knowledge that make a difference in patient outcomes.
Notable procedures include:
- Ablation for Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Adult and Pediatric Congenital Specialties
- TAVR, MVR, and AAA Stent Graft Procedures
- Cardiac Device Implants
- Interventional and Neuro Interventional Radiology
Performs all phases of interventional and neuro-interventional radiologic examinations to to patients in the CVIS in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Prepares patients for procedures by reviewing medical history, draping and positioning the patient, preparing procedural/testing sites and administering contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.
2. Assists physician with performing diagnostic and vascular interventional procedures. Reviews results and takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues.
3. Prepares equipment and supplies including sterile trays. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
4. Assists with clerical and non-technical duties necessary to department operations, such as documenting procedures into department/hospital information systems, as per departmental policy, recording billing, editing and statistical information in radiology information system, maintaining and cleaning patient care equipment per infection control standards and evaluating inventory levels, to ensure par level of stock, suitable for the needs of division.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
Education: Graduate of an AMA approved accredited Radiologic Technologist program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered as a Technologist (RT) but certified in cardiac-interventional radiology (CI) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is preferred. Florida State licensure as a General Radiographer. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Required Work Experience: 1 year experience as a Radiologic Technician in a hospital setting.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.