Provides specialized care for the pharmaceutical needs of patients in a clinical area. Serve as a trainer/mentor to students and residents.
1. Manages drug therapy protocols and attend rounds as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
2. Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug-related problems. Verify/Enter medication orders in pharmacy system.
3. Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
4. Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.
5. Attends meetings related to area of specialty. Supports clinical coordinators in developing protocal and MUE’s PI, for area of specialty.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Current State of Florida Pharmacist License is required.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 3 years experience in applicable field, residency trained or Board certification.
Organizational Profile: Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region. Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services • Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments • Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute • Memorial Cancer Institute • Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit • Memorial Neuroscience Institute • Memorial Rehabilitation Institute • Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program • The Family Birthplace • Women’s Services Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 – and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an “A” Ranking for Patient Safety. Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.