Provides direct patient care in an area designated as a specialty unit in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
2. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including disposition, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
3. Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
4. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider and PALS.
Required Work Experience: Minimum one year CVICU experience-including heart transplant, VAD, ECMO, CVVHD, IABP and hemodynamic monitoring.
Minimum one year CVICU experience for sign on bonus.
Joe DiMaggio himself helped celebrate the opening of the first Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital back in 1992. Today, the freestanding Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is one of the region’s leading pediatric hospitals, offering a comprehensive scope of healthcare services and programs in a child-friendly atmosphere. A full-service, 226-bed hospital, we treat minor illnesses, trauma-related accidents and some of the most complex medical conditions.
Today, in its 25th year, the hospital now has the unique distinction of being the first – and only – pediatric hospital in the world to be designated as person-centered organization by Planetree. We are one of only four children’s hospitals in Florida that performs pediatric heart transplants, and one of just a handful worldwide offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Heart Institute, which has performed 21 pediatric transplant surgeries
- Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary and Sleep Center
- Emergency Department and Trauma Center
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- General and Thoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Hypertension and Nephrology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- [U18] Sports Medicine Program for young athletes
- Outpatient services
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has been named a Broward Family Favorite by Broward Family Life magazine as a Favorite Pediatric Hospital, and has been honored by US News & World Report as a Best Children’s Hospital for Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Orthopedics and Urology.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.