Job Category: Management
Location: Memorial Regional Hospital
Requisition Number: 59951BR
Work Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Shift: Full Time Days
Shift Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Manage risk, coordinate risk reduction activates in the physical environment, collect deficiency information and disseminate summaries of actions and results including injuries, problems or user errors. Oversee compliance and inspections, corrective actions, and document review files related to the various accrediting and governmental regulations.
1. Coordinates the on-going, organization-wide collection of information about deficiencies and opportunities for improvement in the environment of care.
2. Manages the environment of care and life safety programs of the hospital promoting safety of patients, staff, and other building occupants.
3. Coordinates the preparation of summaries of deficiencies, problems, failures and user errors related to managing the environment of care.
4. Participates and or coordinates completion of any risk assessment/ILSM due to ongoing construction projects and major repairs.
5. Coordinates the preparation of summaries on findings, recommendations, actions taken and results of performance improvement (PI) activities.
6. Participates in developing required management plans, safety policies and procedures, and root cause analysis as needed.
Education: Bachelor Degree in engineering, safety, fire safety, Business Administration, or related field.
Required Work Experience: 5 years of healthcare safety officer or environment of care coordinator experience.
Complexity of Work: This role requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment, and the ability to build and foster positive relationships. The incumbent must be able to lead others and take appropriate action when required.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.