Occupational Therapist I (MHW) – Part Time
Job Category: Allied Health
Location: Memorial Hospital West
Requisition Number: 59601BR
Work Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Work Shift: Part time eves 4 hours
Shift Hours: 1530 to 1930
Provides occupational therapy services to patients needing to develop, recover and maintain occupational skills.
1. Performs and documents initial and ongoing assessments of patient’s condition including type and frequency of treatment.
2. Designs and implements a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the healthcare team as well as the patient/family.
3. Educates and counsels patients and families regarding treatment plans and progress. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support resources.
4. Supervises and delegates the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice standards. Mentors peers and students.
5. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida state license as an occupational therapist. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: Certified Hand Therapy Specialist.
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 – and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an “A” Ranking for Patient Safety.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.