Develops and provides services related to the orientation, continuing education and assessment of clinical staff.
1. Collaborates with nursing leaders and staff to assess the learning needs and competencies of the staff.
2. Designs, facilitates and assesses learning activities and curriculum related to clinical competencies,department/organizational policies, regulatory requirements, and the use of clinical information technologies.
3. Serves as a consultant/mentor.change agent for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice and professional development.
4. Participates in the development, coordination and delivery of staff orientation, competency evaluation and education activities.
5. Performs clinical patient care when necessary.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Must be able to take a patient load as needed.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program. Master’s Degree in Nurse (MSN)
Licensure, Certification and Registration: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider, ACLS, NRP & Fetal Monitoring Certification.
Experience- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience.
Specialty certification required
Demonstrates nursing expertise in assigned clinical area.
Demonstrates leadership, communication and teaching skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent writing, planning and organization skills.
When the City of Miramar was founded back in 1955, fewer than 200 people lived there. Today, it’s home to 200,000 residents who can call upon Memorial Hospital Miramar when they need outstanding compassionate care. With 178 beds, Memorial Hospital Miramar includes 162 acute-care beds, a 16-bed Level II NICU, and The Family Birthplace, which has welcomed nearly 30,000 babies into the world since the hospital opened in 2005.
Services also include:
• Cardiac Telemetry Unit
• Imaging Services
• Intensive Care
• Women’s Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services
• [U18] Sports Medicine for athletes 18 and younger
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Memorial Hospital Miramar has been named by Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals, and has won the Guardian of Excellence Award from HCAHPS Press Ganey every year since 2008.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.