Job Category: Pharmacy
Location: Memorial Regional Hospital
Requisition Number: 57431BR
Work Location: Hollywood, FL
Work Shift: Full time eves 8 hours
Shift Hours: 2:30 pm-11:00 pm
Provides specialized care for the pharmaceutical needs of patients in a clinical area. Serve as a trainer/mentor to students and residents.
1. Manages drug therapy protocols and attend rounds as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
2. Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug-related problems. Verify/Enter medication orders in pharmacy system.
3. Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
4. Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.
5. Attends meetings related to area of specialty. Supports clinical coordinators in developing protocol and MUE’s PI, for area of specialty.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Current State of Florida Pharmacist License is required.
Required Work Experience: 3 years experience in applicable field, residency trained or Board certification.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.