Provides primary or acute health care services for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations working in concert with Intensivists in crtical care management, accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
2. Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
3. Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
4. Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Master’s degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in area of practice.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: State licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), Nurse Practitioner (NP) and/or other designation as required by law.
Required Work Experience: 1 year Critical Care RN/ARNP experience is required.
When the City of Miramar was founded back in 1955, fewer than 200 people lived there. Today, it’s home to 200,000 residents who can call upon Memorial Hospital Miramar when they need outstanding compassionate care. With 178 beds, Memorial Hospital Miramar includes 162 acute-care beds, a 16-bed Level II NICU, and The Family Birthplace, which has welcomed nearly 30,000 babies into the world since the hospital opened in 2005.
Services also include:
• Cardiac Telemetry Unit
• Imaging Services
• Intensive Care
• Women’s Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services
• [U18] Sports Medicine for athletes 18 and younger
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Memorial Hospital Miramar has been named by Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals, and has won the Guardian of Excellence Award from HCAHPS Press Ganey every year since 2008.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.